Tuesday, September 1, 2009




Wow! Such a great discovery! Three cheers to all of the wonderful
artists at 'Everydaymatters.' Love the variety; the blogs
that I have started to read are so interesting!

As some of you know, photography and poetry are my bag,
but the primary reason I joined 'EDM' was to improve
my drawing skills.

So last night, after a hiatus of thirty years, I decided to draw
one of my wood carvings purchased
in the Czech Republic several years ago.
I used a pencil an eraser and an ordinary piece
of typing paper.

I would like to share my completed project with you.
Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Yes, it's wonderful being a beginner, for then,
one can be in a constant
state of becoming.

Cheers, Doug

6 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful drawing! I look forward to seeing more drawings here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drawing - kudos! I applaud your return to drawing and look forward to seeing more and more of your work here. I love what you said about a beginner being in a constant state of becoming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to get back in the game. Your re-entry into the drawing world is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your encouraging comments.
    Enjoy the day.

    Cheers, Doug

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 comments:

    Rhonda said...

    Nice work! No more waiting thirty years to draw, that is way too long. Have a fun and creative day!
    September 1, 2009 11:59 AM
    Phyllis said...

    An ambitious subject for your 1st in 30 years -That Dive-Right-In spirit is a gift well used here! Looking forward to seeing more from you.
    September 1, 2009 9:07 PM
    nanke's stuff said...

    Well, I would hardly call you a beginner, my friend! This is a very nice drawing, and I'm sure you'll have many more wonderful drawings to share with us. nancy
    September 2, 2009 3:59 AM
    Doug said...

    Thanks mucho for all of your comments.
    Your encouraging words are much appreciated.
    Doug
    September 3, 2009 5:49

    ReplyDelete