Tuesday, September 8, 2009




The wood carving that I chose as a subject was found in Grindelwald, Switzerland. When I first saw the original carving I informed my wife that I was going to buy it.

"Another carving," she said. "How are you going to get it home?"- and on and on.

Fortunately, my wife knows how much I love wood carvings, and she finally gave in. "Now that's the last one. There's no more room in the suitcases, and besides,we're going to run out of money!" Well, you know the old story. And just to think, had I not bought it those many years ago, I would not have had the pleasure of sharing this drawing with you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Raena.

    Thank you so much for your comment.
    Unfortunately I accidentally deleted it
    when I tried to change my post.

    Cheers, Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete